Photographs about The Master and Margarita
January 20, 2011
Photographer Elena Martynyuk is making a series of photographs about The Master and Margarita in collaboration with the Bulgakov House in Moscow.
The project, which started two years ago, is very ambitious: 70 shoots were already organized and more than 1,000 photos were made. There will be a book and an exhibition.
The photos are being made at the locations described in the novel, like the roof of the Pashkov House and, of course, in the Bulgakov House on Sadovaya 302-bis. The scenes of the Variety Theatre were photographed at the Moscow Art Theatre MKhAT, where Bulgakov's pieces were perfor-med and where he also worked himself.
On this page you can already see some photos. Click on the photos to open the gallery. More news will follow.
- 161116 Pontius Pilate
- 161106 A triple jubilee
- 161028 Two biographies
- 161009 Andrzej Wajda died
- 161009 M&M and Facebook
- 160929 Music theatre in Amsterdam
- 160831 Online readings
- 160824 New subtitels
- 160821 Illustrations Hans Fronius
- 160809 New Spanish translation
- 160728 Patriarch's Ponds
- 160723 Zéro absolu
- 160721 Illustrations Aleksandr Botvinov
- 160719 Henning Boye Leonhardsen
- 160607 Freemasonry
- 160521 Installations Nelli Levental
- 160515 Photos by Stana Krivokhizhina
- 160514 Mikhail Bulgakov 125 years