Music by Andrei Petrov
June 22, 2014
From the start of this website in 2006, we have a page on the symphonic fantasia Master i Margarita written by the Russian composer Andrei Petrov in 1984.
Today we added to the website a page with a live performance of this musical piece by the Symphonic Orchestra of Karaganda (Kazakhstan), conducted by Peter Gribanov.
Andrei Pavlovich Petrov (1930-2006) got his reputation as a movie soundtrack composer in the sixties, He won more than one prestigious prize.
He was originally commissioned by film director Vladimir Bortko to write the soundtrack for his successful TV-series Master i Margarita from 2005, but later the order went to Igor Kornelyuk.
Install our free app
on your smartphone
- 161116 Pontius Pilate
- 161106 A triple jubilee
- 161028 Two biographies
- 161009 Andrzej Wajda died
- 161009 M&M and Facebook
- 160929 Music theatre in Amsterdam
- 160831 Online readings
- 160824 New subtitels
- 160821 Illustrations Hans Fronius
- 160809 New Spanish translation
- 160728 Patriarch's Ponds
- 160723 Zéro absolu
- 160721 Illustrations Aleksandr Botvinov
- 160719 Henning Boye Leonhardsen
- 160607 Freemasonry
- 160521 Installations Nelli Levental
- 160515 Photos by Stana Krivokhizhina
- 160514 Mikhail Bulgakov 125 years
Films and TV-series
Along with much information on the novel, you will also find on this website different film adaptations of The Master and Margarita, subtitled in English by your webmaster.