July 23, 2016
Today we added to this website a page on the comic strip Zéro absolu by Richard Bec and Christophe Marazano, with scenes from The Master and Margarita.
That's because The Master and Margarita is the favorite book of the main character, Lieutenant Chet Nowland. He knows the novel by heart, perhaps because The Master and Margarita is the only book he’s ever read. This is not my own conclusion - it has been said by script writer Marazano in an interview.
Marazano further argues that the excerpts from The Master and Margarita were meant as a tribute to Bulgakov, whom he regards as the founder of the science-fiction literature in the Soviet Union.
Scene from Zéro absolu
- 161009 Andrzej Wajda died
- 161009 M&M and Facebook
- 160929 Music theatre in Amsterdam
- 160831 Online readings
- 160824 New subtitels
- 160821 Illustrations Hans Fronius
- 160809 New Spanish translation
- 160728 Patriarch's Ponds
- 160723 Zéro absolu
- 160721 Illustrations Aleksandr Botvinov
- 160719 Henning Boye Leonhardsen
- 160607 Freemasonry
- 160521 Installations Nelli Levental
- 160515 Photos by Stana Krivokhizhina
- 160514 Mikhail Bulgakov 125 years
Films and TV-series
Along with much information on the novel, you will also find on this website different film adaptations of The Master and Margarita, subtitled in English by your webmaster.