The Master and Margarita in the performing arts
March 27, 2012
Today we added to the website the complete English version of the inventory we made of all performing arts adaptatione which ever have been made of The Master and Margarita.
At the beginning of March 2012, your webmaster got the hapless idea of making this inventory. Soon it became clear that it would be one of the largest projects ever of this website.
On the new pages you will find an overview of all stage adaptations that we have found: theatre plays, musicals, operas, ballets and other forms of performing arts. The list started as a directory with, for each adaptation, the original title, the company which performed the operation, the place of the performance, the director and the dates.
We've found nearly 500 adaptations, accounting together for more than 20.000 representations. For some performances you will also find reviews, pictures and videos. It's my ambition to gradually expand it to as many performances as possible. The English version is complete. We are working further diligently on the other languages.
- 161009 Andrzej Wajda died
- 161009 M&M and Facebook
- 160929 Music theatre in Amsterdam
- 160831 Online readings
- 160824 New subtitels
- 160821 Illustrations Hans Fronius
- 160809 New Spanish translation
- 160728 Patriarch's Ponds
- 160723 Zéro absolu
- 160721 Illustrations Aleksandr Botvinov
- 160719 Henning Boye Leonhardsen
- 160607 Freemasonry
- 160521 Installations Nelli Levental
- 160515 Photos by Stana Krivokhizhina
- 160514 Mikhail Bulgakov 125 years