Woland in Moscow and Nizhny Novgorod
October 13, 2012
In 2010, the actor and composer Igor Khokhlovkin and the guitarist and actress Marina Kalmykova created the literary and musical composition Woland with texts from The Master and Margarita. That was on the occasion of the 120th anniversary of Mikhail Bulgakov. Khokhlovkin performed the roles of Woland, Mikhail Berlioz, Ivan Bezdomny and Styopa Lichodeev while Kalmykova played guitar and represented the role of Hella.
After a tryout in Tomsk, Russia, in November 2010, they represented the composition several times in Germany, Latvia and Russia in May 2012.
This week, they will pick it up again with repretations on October 17, 2012 at the Bulgakov House in Moscow, and on October 21, 2012 at the Kremlin Concert Hall in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.
The regular visitors of this site will perhaps recognize Khokhlovkin as the actor who played - at least partially - the role of Woland in the photo series made by the French photographer Jean Daniel Lorieux from 2008, in which the French actress Isabelle Adjani performed the role of Margarita.
- 161009 Andrzej Wajda died
- 161009 M&M and Facebook
- 160929 Music theatre in Amsterdam
- 160831 Online readings
- 160824 New subtitels
- 160821 Illustrations Hans Fronius
- 160809 New Spanish translation
- 160728 Patriarch's Ponds
- 160723 Zéro absolu
- 160721 Illustrations Aleksandr Botvinov
- 160719 Henning Boye Leonhardsen
- 160607 Freemasonry
- 160521 Installations Nelli Levental
- 160515 Photos by Stana Krivokhizhina
- 160514 Mikhail Bulgakov 125 years