The chess journals would pay good money...
December 2, 2014
In Chapter 22 of The Master and Margarita (By Candlelight), Mikhail Bulgakov describes a chess game between Woland and Behemoth for which, according to Margarita, the chess journals would pay good money for the chance to publish it.
For seven years, your webmaster has been trying to figure out which game could have been the prototype for this passage. And now he thinks he has found it. It is a memorable game that was played on February 22, 1935 at the Second International Chess Tournament in Moscow.
The king is on square G2
- 170223 Animated movie by Doron Kobiashi
- 170217 Animated movie by Maria Morris
- 170216 New plans for a movie?
- 161219 M&M banned in Ukraine
- 161218 Biography in English
- 161213 The Master and Margarita on TV
- 161208 Valery Belyakovich died
Films and TV-series
Along with much information on the novel, you will also find on this website different film adaptations of The Master and Margarita, subtitled in English by your webmaster.