Music by Adriano
December 15, 2014
Adriano (°1944) is a Swiss conductor who wants to be known by his first name only. So, although we know his full name, we will continue calling him just Adriano.
In total, Adriano recorded already more than 45 CD’s, half of which were recorded with the Bratislava Symphony Orchestra, the rest with the Moscow Symphony Orchestra. In July 2014 though, Adriano wrote a bitter manifesto called Farewell to Moscow, in which he announced that he would no longer travel to Moscow because of the anti-gay propaganda laws and and other freedom restrictions issued by the Putin regime.
In 2003, Adriano composed Obscure Saraband, an orchestral piece inspired by Woland’s Ball from The Master and Margarita. In 2011 it was released on the CD Orchestral Works.
Adriano on Patriarch's Ponds in Moscow
- 161116 Pontius Pilate
- 161106 A triple jubilee
- 161028 Two biographies
- 161009 Andrzej Wajda died
- 161009 M&M and Facebook
- 160929 Music theatre in Amsterdam
- 160831 Online readings
- 160824 New subtitels
- 160821 Illustrations Hans Fronius
- 160809 New Spanish translation
- 160728 Patriarch's Ponds
- 160723 Zéro absolu
- 160721 Illustrations Aleksandr Botvinov
- 160719 Henning Boye Leonhardsen
- 160607 Freemasonry
- 160521 Installations Nelli Levental
- 160515 Photos by Stana Krivokhizhina
- 160514 Mikhail Bulgakov 125 years
Films and TV-series
Along with much information on the novel, you will also find on this website different film adaptations of The Master and Margarita, subtitled in English by your webmaster.