Мастер и Маргарита в комиксы
Comic strips are not longer exclusively meant for children. Authors like Vittorio Giardino - my favourite - are mainly focusing on comic strips for adults, and they don't hesitate to convert literary masterpieces into images and text balloons. So it was to be expected that, one day, The Master and Margarita would be published in a comic strip version, although the harvest is disappointing, especially at the quality level.
And the comic strips can not escape from the laws of the other media when The Master and Margarita are concerned. In this area many are called but few are chosen. For the time being, there are only three artists who were able to realise their ambition to produce a complete adaptation of Mikhail Bulgakov's novel. All the others had various reasons to drop out before the work was finished.
The comic strip adaptations of The Master and Margarita are becoming fashionable in the academic world too: in June 2011, the Belgian student Maarten Van Tieghem got his master's degree at the Ghent University with his thesis From Novel to Graphic Novel.
There's a possibility that I missed some comic strip adaptations. So, if you know about others, please don't hesitate to contact me.
- Мастер и Маргарита - Эллисон Р. Барбур
- The Master and Margarita - Boring Bear
- The Master and Margarita - Colin Alexander
- Le maître et Marguerite - J.-F. Desserre
- Mistrz i Małgorzata - Bertram Könighofer
- Дело № 666 - Никита Краснобрыжев
- Mästaren och Margarita - Henrik Lange
- Le maître et Marguerite - Neyef
- The Master and Margarita - Polina Soshkina
- Мастер и Маргарита - Александр Выгалов
- Master i Margarita - Ирен Ванг
- Зеро абсолю - Бек & Маразано