Neyef - Le maître et Marguerite
The French comic strip author Neyef, pseudonym of Romain Maufront (°1984), spent most of his childhood in Germany where he began drawing by copying the characters from Dragon Ball.
After secondary school, Maufront studied four years at the Pivaut School of Applied Arts in Nantes, France. As a young, beginning cartoonist he made contributions for the fanzine Le Chakipu and was part of the manga collective Dofus Monster, operating under the wings of the comic book publisher Ankama. In January 2011, he published his first album Ce goût (This Taste).
In the spring of 2011 we were contacted by Olivier Vatine, the chief editor at Ankama's. He wanted to know where he could get the copyright to publish a comic strip adaptation of The Master and Margarita. He didn't tell us who the artist might be, but we suppose he was thinking of Neyef.
We think so because, in June 2011, Neyef published on his blog a series of six pages of his new project: a comic strip adaptation of The Master and Margarita. Three of the pages are not yet colored. The published pages include the scene of Woland's visit to Stepan Bogdanovich Likhodeev (Styopa), the director of the Variety Theatre, to first take his apartment and then send him to Yalta.
- Master i Margarita - Allison R. Barbour
- The Master and Margarita - Boring Bear
- The Master and Margarita - Colin Alexander
- Le maître et Marguerite - J.-F. Desserre
- Mistrz i Małgorzata - Bertram Könighofer
- Mästaren och Margarita - Henrik Lange
- Le maître et Marguerite - Neyef
- The Master and Margarita - Polina Soshkina
- Master i Margarita - Aleksandr Vygalov
- Master i Margarita - Eirene Wang
- Zéro absolu - Bec & Marazano