Complete comic strips adaptations
There are only a few artists who succeeded in making a complete comic strip adaptation of The Master and Margarita. Most of those who tried stranded after one chapter, some after one page, some even after the first single drawing.
It may not surprise that the very first comic strips adaptations of The Master and Margarita are from Russian origin. In this section of the website you can download all 100 pages of the comic strip made by Rodion Tanaev.
More recent works are the comic strip made by Askold Akishine, the latter on a script of Misha Zaslavsky and the graphic novel made by Andrzej Klimowski and Danusia Schejbal.
Maybe we can soon add the comic strip made by the French artist Neyef (real name Romain Maufront) to this page. For the time being, he only published an excerpt of his version of Chapter 7 of the novel on the internet. But this may be only a preview of an album which will probably be released by the publishing company Ankama. Because, in the spring of 2011, we were contacted by Olivier Vatine, the chief editor at Ankama's. He wanted to know where he could get the copyright to publish a comic strip adaptation of The Master and Margarita. He didn't tell us who the artist might be, but we suppose he was thinking of Neyef.
There's a possibility that I missed some comic strip adaptations. So, if you know about others, please don't hesitate to contact me.
- Master i Margarita - Allison R. Barbour
- The Master and Margarita - Boring Bear
- The Master and Margarita - Colin Alexander
- Le maître et Marguerite - J.-F. Desserre
- Mistrz i Małgorzata - Bertram Könighofer
- Mästaren och Margarita - Henrik Lange
- Le maître et Marguerite - Neyef
- The Master and Margarita - Polina Soshkina
- Master i Margarita - Aleksandr Vygalov
- Master i Margarita - Eirene Wang
- Zéro absolu - Bec & Marazano