Rodion Tanaev - Master i Margarita
The first who ever succeeded in making a complete comic strip adaptation of The Master and Margarita was the Russian comic strip author Rodion Borisovich Tanaev (°1962). Tanaev tried to stick as much as possible to the original text of the novel.
The album was published in 1997 but is hard to find these days. Therefore it was partly published on the Nazer Comics website in 2007. Scans of all pages were packed in 3 zip-archives. As the owner of the website had promised, the fourth part would be placed online «soon», but this promise was never kept. So the possibility that it would really happen became smaller by the day.
For three years I've been trying, with the help of many fans of this site, to find the remaining pages. It seemed to be a hopeless task until November 2010, when Maarten Van Tieghem, a Master student of the Faculty East European Languages and Cultures at the University of Ghent, Belgium, wanted to write a thesis about the comics adaptations of The Master and Margarita, and found someone in Moscow who had a copy of Rodion Tanaev's comic strip. Martin was so kind to send us the scans of the remaining pages. Needless to say that we are very grateful...
- Master i Margarita - Allison R. Barbour
- The Master and Margarita - Boring Bear
- The Master and Margarita - Colin Alexander
- Le maître et Marguerite - J.-F. Desserre
- Mistrz i Małgorzata - Bertram Könighofer
- Case no. 666 - Nikita Krasnobrishev
- Mästaren och Margarita - Henrik Lange
- Le maître et Marguerite - Neyef
- The Master and Margarita - Polina Soshkina
- Master i Margarita - Aleksandr Vygalov
- Master i Margarita - Eirene Wang
- Zéro absolu - Bec & Marazano