Henrik Lange - Mästaren och Margarita
The Swedish comic strip artist Henrik Lange (°1980) began his comics career in the 1990s. His semi-autobiographical comics are often spiced with fantastical elements. For several years he worked as a free-lance illustrator and cartoonist for newspapers in Sweden.
In 2007 he published 80 romaner för dig som har bråttom (80 novels for you in a hurry), a strip album about the most famous masterpieces of world literature. «All of them are classics and books you have to have read. If you haven't, now's your chance to read them all at once. If you have you can read them again and see what you remember», Lange said. In four illustrated squares he gives you the entire story, a sort of distilled novel, so you can read 80 books in a couple of hours. One of the classics is, of course, The Master and Margarita.
In 2009, the album was published in English with the title 90 Classic Books for People in a Hurry.
Lange published more Hurry books. But after the book 99 movies that you will not see, which was illustrated but not written by Lange, the cooperation with the publisher Nicotext faltered. Henrik Lange decided not to continue the cooperation, while Nicotext continued to use the concept of Hurry books with other illustrators, including 106 TV shows for you without TV and 99 Inventions for those who do not know.
- Master i Margarita - Allison R. Barbour
- The Master and Margarita - Boring Bear
- The Master and Margarita - Colin Alexander
- Le maître et Marguerite - J.-F. Desserre
- Mistrz i Małgorzata - Bertram Könighofer
- Mästaren och Margarita - Henrik Lange
- Le maître et Marguerite - Neyef
- The Master and Margarita - Polina Soshkina
- Master i Margarita - Aleksandr Vygalov
- Master i Margarita - Eirene Wang
- Zéro absolu - Bec & Marazano